AFTER ELECTIVE ANEURYSM SURGERY
- You should move around as much as is comfortable for you.
- You will be given analgesics as needed.
- You will be given 3 doses of intravenous antibiotics.
- You will have a postoperative CT scan and catheter angiogram the next day.
- The nurse will conduct neuro-observation in the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- The next day the wound drain and urinary catheter will be removed.
- You will be able to move around from day one unless instructed not to. The average hospital stay after craniotomy for elective clipping of aneurysms is 2-5 days.
- You will need to visit your family doctor in one week to check on the wound and remove the staples and to see Dr Darwish in 4 weeks unless informed otherwise.